Nice 2.5 month break since my last update… Unlike other trips down to work on this though I actually completed nearly everything I was hoping to.
First, finished bondoing up some of the holes in the side. Due to some other issues with drilling later in the weekend I ended up making several batches, but this stuff definitely saved me several times. Love it.
Also got my hinges installed on the control panel top and base.
I know that my joysticks will probably end up hitting the screen this way, but didn’t really have anything to hinge it on for a front swing.
Of course, once I got to this point I couldn’t resist throwing some buttons on there. :) This thing is definitely a frankenpanel. If I had to do it over again I think I would get rid of some of them admin buttons on the secondary panel, but oh well, no going back now.
Everything seemed to fit fine so I moved onto the last stage of my weekend work, PRIMING! Only did one coat since I used oil-based and it will take awhile to dry, but next time I go down I plan to sand it off a bit and do another coat. After that, hopefully will be ready for the paint.